Davion is a dedicated fitness buff and staunch supporter of veganism, holding firm on the belief that a plant-based regimen is the secret to a fit and sustainable lifestyle. He relishes in the creation of wholesome, protein-rich meals that fuel his exercise routines and maintain his vitality all day long.
Making vegan split pea soup is easier than you might think! This hearty and nutritious soup is packed with protein and fiber, making it a satisfying meal option for vegans and non-vegans alike. Here's a simple and delicious recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the split peas under cold water and remove any debris or stones.
2. In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rinsed split peas, vegetable broth, water, bay leaf, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine.
4. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the split peas are soft and tender.
5. Remove the bay leaf from the soup and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
6. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings if needed. You can add more salt, pepper, or thyme to suit your taste.
7. Serve the vegan split pea soup hot, garnished with some fresh herbs or a drizzle of olive oil. It pairs well with crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
This vegan split pea soup is not only delicious but also incredibly healthy. Split peas are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied. Plus, the vegetables in this soup provide essential vitamins and minerals.
If you're new to vegan cooking, this recipe is a great place to start. It's simple, requires minimal ingredients, and can be easily customized to your taste. Feel free to add other vegetables like potatoes or spinach for added flavor and nutrition.
So, why not give this vegan split pea soup a try? It's a comforting and nutritious meal that will warm you up on a chilly day. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan split pea soup recipe, vegan soup cooking tips, nutritious vegan meals