🥧 Classic Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
Classic Vegan Apple Pie
You will need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter, cold and cubed
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 6-7 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, cubed
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Add the cold, cubed vegan butter and mix until crumbly.
- Gradually add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough just comes together. Divide the dough in half and shape into discs. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss until the apples are well coated.
- Roll out one disc of dough to fit your pie dish. Transfer the dough to the dish and trim the excess. Fill with the apple mixture and dot with the cubed vegan butter.
- Roll out the second disc of dough and place over the filling. Trim, seal, and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly. Allow to cool before serving.
You can use any variety of apples you like for this recipe. Granny Smith apples are a popular choice for their tart flavor and firm texture, which hold up well during baking.
Experience the joy of baking with our Classic Vegan Apple Pie recipe. This dessert is a delightful blend of sweet, tart, and spice, all wrapped up in a flaky, golden crust. It's a testament to the fact that vegan food can be just as delicious and comforting as traditional fare.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is the vegan butter, which helps to create a rich, buttery crust without any dairy. If you're new to vegan baking, check out our guide on how to get started. It's packed with tips and tricks to help you navigate the world of dairy-free and egg-free baking.
Customize Your Vegan Apple Pie
What's great about this vegan apple pie recipe is its versatility. You can customize it to suit your taste. For instance, you can use your favorite variety of apples. If you prefer a tart pie, go for Granny Smith apples. If you like it sweeter, try Honeycrisp or Gala apples.
Looking for more vegan dessert inspiration? Our collection of 10 Vegan Dessert Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth is a must-see. From creamy cheesecakes to decadent brownies, these desserts are sure to please everyone, vegan or not.
More Than Just Dessert
But we're not just about desserts. At Meals Vegan, we believe that every meal should be a celebration of flavor and health. If you're looking for hearty main dishes, check out our vegan casserole recipes. They're the perfect comfort food for those chilly nights.
And if you're wondering, "Can all recipes be made vegan?", the answer is a resounding yes! With a little creativity and the right ingredients, you can veganize just about any dish.
So, ready to roll up your sleeves and start baking? With this Classic Vegan Apple Pie recipe, you're on your way to creating a dessert that's not only delicious but also kind to our planet. Happy baking!