🌱 Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Pesto Recipe
Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Pesto
You will need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the squash halves cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the vegan pesto. Combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
- Once the squash is done, let it cool slightly before using a fork to scrape out the 'spaghetti'.
- Toss the spaghetti squash with the vegan pesto until well coated.
- Serve warm, garnishing with extra basil leaves if desired.
This recipe serves 2-3 people. For a nut-free pesto, you can substitute the pine nuts with sunflower seeds.
Unleash the power of plant-based goodness with our Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Pesto recipe. This dish is not just a feast for the eyes, but also a symphony of flavors that will delight your palate. It's the perfect blend of health and taste, proving that vegan meals can be as satisfying as their non-vegan counterparts.
What makes this recipe truly special is the spaghetti squash, a versatile vegetable that transforms into tender, pasta-like strands when cooked. It's a fantastic low-carb alternative to traditional pasta, and it pairs wonderfully with our homemade vegan pesto. If you're looking for more ways to incorporate this super squash into your meals, check out our collection of healthy and flavorful spaghetti squash recipes.
The vegan pesto, made from fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and extra-virgin olive oil, is a delightful twist on the classic Italian sauce. Nutritional yeast is added to give it a cheesy flavor without any dairy. This pesto is not just limited to this dish; it can be used in a variety of other vegan pasta recipes, making it a versatile addition to your vegan cooking repertoire.
Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just starting your plant-based journey, this Spaghetti Squash with Vegan Pesto recipe is a must-try. It's easy to prepare, packed with nutrients, and most importantly, delicious. For more inspiration, explore our selection of easy and flavorful vegan pasta recipes.
Remember, vegan cooking is all about creativity and experimentation. Don't be afraid to tweak the recipe according to your preferences. For instance, if you're allergic to nuts, you can substitute the pine nuts with sunflower seeds. For more handy tips like this, visit our FAQ on fun and easy vegan recipes.
At Meals Vegan, we believe that vegan food should be exciting, delicious, and easy to prepare. So, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let's start cooking!