🌱 Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchilada Recipe
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchilada
You will need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- First, preheat your oven to 375°F. This will ensure it's hot enough when you're ready to bake the enchiladas.
- While the oven is preheating, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Boil them in a pot of water until they're tender, which should take about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, sauté the chopped red onion and minced garlic until they're translucent. This will bring out their flavors, which will infuse into the enchilada filling.
- Drain and rinse the canned black beans to remove any excess liquid and sodium.
- Combine the cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, sautéed onion, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix them together until they're well combined.
- Spoon this mixture onto the center of each corn tortilla. Roll the tortillas up tightly, making sure the filling stays inside.
- Place the rolled tortillas seam-side down in a baking dish. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top, making sure to cover all the tortillas. Sprinkle the vegan cheese on top.
- Bake the enchiladas in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Before serving, garnish the enchiladas with fresh cilantro. This will add a pop of color and a fresh, herby flavor.
These enchiladas are a great make-ahead meal. You can prepare the filling and assemble the enchiladas in advance, then bake just before serving. They also freeze well, so consider making a double batch and saving some for a quick and easy meal later on.
Looking for a delicious and healthy vegan recipe? Look no further! Meals Vegan has got you covered with their Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchilada recipe. This mouthwatering dish is perfect for any meal of the day, whether it's lunch, dinner, or even a make-ahead meal for later.
To make these enchiladas, you'll need just a few simple ingredients. Start with 2 large sweet potatoes, which you'll peel and dice before boiling until tender. Combine them with 1 can of black beans, sautéed red onion and garlic, and a cup of vegan cheese. Spoon this flavorful mixture onto corn tortillas, roll them up, and place them in a baking dish. Cover with enchilada sauce and more vegan cheese, then bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
The result? A satisfying and nutritious meal that will leave you craving more. The combination of sweet potatoes, black beans, and vegan cheese creates a creamy and comforting filling, while the enchilada sauce adds a tangy and spicy kick. Top it all off with some fresh cilantro for a burst of freshness and color.
What makes these enchiladas even better is that they are versatile and easy to prepare. You can make the filling and assemble the enchiladas in advance, then simply bake them when you're ready to eat. They also freeze well, so consider making a double batch and saving some for a quick and easy meal later on.
At Meals Vegan, we believe that vegan food can be both delicious and nutritious. Our recipes are designed to inspire and delight, proving that plant-based meals can be just as satisfying as their meat-based counterparts. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or just curious about incorporating more plant-based meals into your diet, our recipes are sure to please.
So why wait? Get inspired and start cooking today! Visit Meals Vegan for more mouthwatering vegan recipes that will make you fall in love with plant-based cooking. From soups and pastas to desserts and snacks, we've got something for everyone. Join the vegan revolution and discover a world of flavor and health with Meals Vegan.