🌱 Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe 🍌
Vegan Banana Muffins
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lining a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- Add the plant-based milk, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped nuts, if using.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are best enjoyed fresh, but they can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen for longer storage. Thaw overnight at room temperature before serving.
Welcome to your new favorite breakfast treat: Vegan Banana Muffins. This simple, yet delightful recipe is a testament to the versatility and richness of vegan baking. Bursting with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas and a subtle hint of vanilla, these muffins are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast, a midday snack, or a satisfying dessert.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is plant-based milk, a staple in vegan baking. With a variety of options available, from almond to oat, you can experiment with different flavors to find your perfect match.
What sets these muffins apart is their light, fluffy texture, achieved without the use of eggs or dairy. If you're new to vegan baking, you might be wondering how this is possible. The answer lies in the combination of baking powder and baking soda, which work together to create a beautiful rise. To learn more about the science behind this, check out our guide on how to get started with vegan baking.
And let's not forget about the optional addition of chopped nuts. While they're not necessary, they add a delightful crunch and a boost of protein. If you're a fan of nuts in your baked goods, you'll love this collection of vegan dessert recipes that feature everything from almonds to walnuts.
Whether you're a seasoned vegan baker or just starting your plant-based journey, this Vegan Banana Muffins recipe is a must-try. It's just one of the many delicious and healthy vegan breakfast recipes we have to offer. So why wait? Preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and let's start baking!