🌱 Vegan Brownies with Flax Egg
Vegan Brownies with Flax Egg
You will need:
- Ground Flaxseed
- All-purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lining a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 2.5 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, melt 1/2 cup of vegan dark chocolate with 1/3 cup of coconut oil. Once melted, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add the flax egg to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit to the batter for extra flavor and texture. Be careful not to overbake the brownies, as they can become dry.
Indulge your sweet tooth with our irresistible Vegan Brownies with Flax Egg. This recipe is a testament to the fact that vegan baking can be just as rich, decadent, and satisfying as its non-vegan counterparts. The secret? It's all about choosing the right ingredients and knowing how to use them to their full potential.
Our vegan brownies use a flax egg as a substitute for traditional eggs. This ingenious mixture of ground flaxseed and water creates a gel-like consistency that binds the ingredients together, just like an egg would. Plus, it adds a healthy dose of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids to your brownies.
The use of vegan dark chocolate and cocoa powder ensures that these brownies are rich in flavor, while the coconut oil adds a subtle hint of tropical sweetness. And let's not forget the all-purpose flour, which gives the brownies their classic, fudgy texture. If you're looking for a gluten-free alternative, check out this guide on how to achieve a fudgy and rich texture with gluten-free brownies.
But the beauty of this recipe lies not just in its taste, but also in its simplicity. Even if you're new to vegan baking, you'll find the steps easy to follow. And if you need more guidance, don't hesitate to explore our guide on getting started with vegan baking.
Feel free to get creative with this recipe. Add some nuts for a crunchy texture, or throw in some dried fruit for a sweet and tangy twist. The possibilities are endless with vegan baking. For more inspiration, check out these 10 vegan dessert recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
So why wait? Dive into the world of vegan baking with our Vegan Brownies with Flax Egg. Happy baking!