🌱 Vegan Pesto Pasta Recipe
Vegan Pesto Pasta Recipe
You will need:
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 500g pasta of choice
- Start by boiling the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the pesto. In a food processor, combine the fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Process the ingredients until they form a paste. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pot.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and toss until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnishing with extra nutritional yeast or fresh basil if desired.
You can store any leftover pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. It's also great on sandwiches or as a dip for vegetables.
Embrace the vibrant flavors of Italy right in your kitchen with our delightful Vegan Pesto Pasta recipe. This dish is a testament to the fact that vegan meals can be just as delicious, if not more so, than their non-vegan counterparts. Bursting with the fresh taste of basil, the crunch of pine nuts, and the rich, umami flavor of nutritional yeast, this pasta dish is a surefire way to satisfy your cravings without compromising on your dietary choices.
Whether you're a long-time vegan or just exploring plant-based options, this recipe is a must-try. The ingredients are simple, yet they come together to create a dish that's packed full of flavor. The best part? It's quick and easy to make, perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a healthy and easy vegan recipe.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is nutritional yeast. This is a popular vegan substitute for cheese, providing a similar umami flavor. If you're new to vegan cooking and wondering "Can pasta be eaten if you're vegan?", the answer is a resounding yes! With substitutes like nutritional yeast, you can enjoy all your favorite pasta dishes, guilt-free.
Another highlight of this recipe is the use of fresh basil. When it comes to creating authentic Italian flavors, nothing beats fresh herbs. If you're interested in exploring more Italian-inspired vegan dishes, check out our collection of vegan pasta recipes inspired by Italian cuisine.
Finally, don't forget the versatility of this pesto sauce. While it pairs beautifully with pasta, it can also be used as a spread for sandwiches or a dip for vegetables. For more creative ways to use this pesto and other vegan sauces, take a look at our easy, mouth-watering vegan pasta dishes.
So, why wait? Dive into the world of vegan cooking with our Vegan Pesto Pasta recipe. It's a delicious journey of discovery that promises to delight your taste buds and nourish your body. Happy cooking!