🌱 Vegan Quinoa Fried 'Rice' Recipe
Vegan Quinoa Fried 'Rice'
You will need:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (like carrots, peas, and corn)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, rinse the quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Then, in a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer until the quinoa is fluffy and all the broth has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Also, prepare the mixed vegetables if they're not pre-cut. Then, in a large skillet or wok, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and mixed vegetables, and sauté them until they're soft and the onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once the quinoa and vegetables are ready, add the cooked quinoa to the skillet with the vegetables. Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the top, then stir everything together until well combined.
- Finally, taste the dish and season it with salt and pepper as needed. Serve the quinoa fried 'rice' hot, and enjoy your healthier take on a classic dish!
Feel free to use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Traditional fried rice often includes peas, carrots, and corn, but you could also add bell peppers, broccoli, or any other veggies you have on hand. Also, for an added protein boost, consider adding some tofu or edamame.
Looking for a delicious and healthy vegan recipe to add to your meal rotation? Look no further than our Vegan Quinoa Fried 'Rice'! Packed with flavor and nutrients, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling satisfied.
To make this recipe, you'll need just a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 cup of quinoa and cook it in 2 cups of vegetable broth until it's nice and fluffy. While the quinoa is cooking, sauté 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 cup of mixed vegetables (like carrots, peas, and corn) until they're soft and tender.
Once the quinoa and vegetables are ready, it's time to bring everything together. In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, sautéed vegetables, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Give it a good stir to ensure that all the flavors are well combined. Finally, season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
Feel free to get creative with this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables. While traditional fried rice often includes peas, carrots, and corn, you can also throw in some bell peppers, broccoli, or any other veggies you have on hand. For an added protein boost, consider adding some tofu or edamame.
Not only is this Vegan Quinoa Fried 'Rice' incredibly tasty, but it's also a great way to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet. Quinoa is a complete protein, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids that our bodies need. It's also high in fiber, iron, and magnesium, making it a nutritious choice for any meal.
So why not give this recipe a try? It's quick, easy, and packed with flavor. Whether you're a vegan or simply looking to add more plant-based meals to your diet, our Vegan Quinoa Fried 'Rice' is sure to become a new favorite. Get inspired and start cooking today!