🌱 Vegan Tomato and Basil Pasta Recipe
Vegan Tomato and Basil Pasta Recipe
You will need:
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling a large pot of salted water. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and have released their juices.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water. Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, adding a bit of the reserved pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Stir in the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Serve the pasta hot, garnished with extra basil leaves if desired.
This vegan pasta recipe is a great way to use up fresh summer tomatoes and basil. You can also add other vegetables or vegan protein sources for extra nutrition.
Are you ready to embark on a culinary journey that's as delightful as it is nutritious? Our Vegan Tomato and Basil Pasta Recipe is a simple yet flavorful dish that will surely become a staple in your kitchen. This recipe is a testament to the fact that vegan meals can be just as delicious and satisfying as their non-vegan counterparts.
With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up this pasta dish that's brimming with the fresh flavors of tomatoes and basil. It's a perfect way to utilize those ripe summer tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. But don't let the simplicity of the ingredients fool you. Each bite is a burst of vibrant flavors that will leave you wanting more.
And if you're wondering about the pasta, don't worry. As we've discussed in our article Pasta for Vegans: What You Need to Know, there are plenty of vegan-friendly pasta options available in the market. So, you can enjoy this dish without any guilt.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our collection of good vegan pasta recipes. From traditional Italian-inspired dishes to innovative creations, we've got you covered. And if you're in the mood for something different, why not try making a vegan tomato soup? It's another great way to use up those fresh tomatoes.
Remember, vegan cooking doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming. With a little creativity and the right ingredients, you can create meals that are not only nutritious but also incredibly tasty. So, why wait? Put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let's start cooking!
And don't forget, if you have any questions about vegan cooking or need more recipe ideas, we're here to help. Visit our FAQs on healthy and easy vegan recipes for more information. Happy cooking!