🌱 Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe 🧁
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
You will need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Vegan buttercream frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with vegan buttercream and decorating with rainbow sprinkles.
For a gluten-free version, substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Make sure to use a vegan sugar to ensure the cupcakes are completely vegan.
Embrace the joy of vegan baking with our delightful recipe for Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes. This recipe is a testament to the fact that vegan desserts can be just as delicious and indulgent as their non-vegan counterparts. Whether you're a seasoned vegan baker or just starting your plant-based journey, this recipe is a must-try.
These cupcakes are fluffy, moist, and packed with the classic vanilla flavor that we all love. The secret to their perfect texture? A combination of almond milk and apple cider vinegar which work together to create a dairy-free 'buttermilk'. This magical mixture helps the cupcakes rise and gives them a wonderfully tender crumb. Curious about other vegan baking substitutes? Check out our guide on Unlocking the Potential of Vegan Baking: Top Substitutes for Traditional Ingredients.
But what's a cupcake without frosting? Our vegan buttercream frosting is smooth, creamy, and so easy to whip up. It's the perfect finishing touch for these cupcakes, but feel free to get creative with your own vegan frosting flavors. If you're looking for more vegan dessert inspiration, don't miss our list of 10 Vegan Dessert Recipes That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. Need to cater for gluten-free guests? No problem! Simply swap the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free blend. If you're new to gluten-free baking, our Gluten-Free Cake and Cookie Recipes FAQ has plenty of tips and tricks to help you out.
So, are you ready to take the plunge and try your hand at vegan baking? We promise, once you've tasted these Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes, you'll be wondering why you didn't start sooner. And remember, vegan baking isn't just about substituting ingredients, it's about creating delicious and compassionate food that everyone can enjoy. Want to learn more? Visit our How to Get Started with Vegan Baking guide. Happy baking!